• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jez205

Low Voltage At Fuse Board

jez205

I've just been replacing a faulty electric window motor on the passenger side to find the new one is also fine in one direction but very slow in the other, checked the voltage at the motor, switch and relay and it's not much more than 9 volts.

I've unplugged the plug with the two big brown cables supplying the fuse board and it's also at 9 volts. Battery is reading 12.5 volts. Can someone tell me what interrupts the supply to the fuse board from the battery and what the likely culprits are for the voltage drop please.

The car has a horrid old Clifford immobiliser which I suspect is the cause of the starter solenoid click I also get a lot so I will check that but could it be a duff ignition switch or similar?

Thanks

Jez

Duroc

The brown cables come from the black shunt box attached to the slam panel, which has a cable from the battery to supply power to it.

jez205

Thanks for the suggestions, found corroded blade on the shunt box which got the voltage back up at the fuse board but still had issues with slow motor, traced it to burnt Points within the passenger window switch on the drivers side, stripped it down, cleaned off the carbon and it's now the best switch with the window going up and down nice and quickly, will strip the others now!

Jez