• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Clarky3rdNut

Roof Console Wiring Help Please

Clarky3rdNut

Hoping someone can help me.

I need to replace the wiring loom that powers the interior light, map light and CL receiver.

My car being a 1993 model has 8 wires as follows:

Blue

Blue

Blue

Green (Earth)

Green (Earth)

Beige

Red

White

FFC89D0A-8CDF-4EE7-B6E5-48D1983EEADA.jpg[/url]

I have a replacement loom but believe that it is from an older model as there is a variation in colours:

Blue

Blue

Yellow

Green (Earth)

Green (Earth)

Beige

Red

White

30BB4865-2AF8-4E34-9C71-02FCD213503F.jpg[/url]

Rather than dismantle the dash to replace the loom at the plug, is it possible to join my replacement (older) loom to the existing (newer) loom?

Would it be as simple as connecting any of the blues from the existing to the yellow on the replacement as that seems to be the only difference between the two?

Many thanks.

jackherer

You need to go by the numbers on the wires, the colours aren't consistent as you've discovered.

It probably is as simple as you say but you'll need to find the wire numbers to be sure.

Anthony

Whilst the wire colours usually tally up, they certainly don't always and you really need to check the wire numbers.

You probably won't need to dismantle the dash completely to replace that section of loom, as from memory it just runs down the nearside A-pillar and around into the fuseboard, so should be easy enough to replace.

Clarky3rdNut

Brilliant thanks chaps! I'll check the numbers and hopefully it's plain sailing from there.

It does travel down the pillar but then takes a detour into the depths before plugging into the board.

After poking, pulling and wiggling, I became too paranoid that I would end up disturbing something unrelated. Looks a minefield in there!