• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TAG

Harness Eye Bolt Mounting

TAG

Hi there everyone,

I am about to crack on with fitting an OMP roll cage, bucket seats and harnesses to my 205.

I was wondering where everyone is mounting their eyebolts for the harnesses?

I would like to leave space on the tunnel for fitting a road rally-style hydraulic handbrake in the future, so I'm particularly interested in how the road rally boys mount theirs.

I also have a few more questions:

I don't plan on stage rallying any time soon, but it seems to make sense to fit the cage and harnesses to stage rally spec, rather than change my mind in the future and having to re-weld everything.

My OMP cage mounts to the rear beam mounts, will i need to weld 3mm plate on these too?

Also, when I looked at the MSA blue book, i could find specifics for the cage mounts, but could not find them for the harness mounts.

At the moment I have a set of Grayston harness mounts like those shown here;

Is there a certain spec that the harness mounts need to meet? I see that the FIA ones are 65mm x 65mm for example.

Thanks very much,

Tom

Edited by TAG

Biggles

If they're in the right place, put the eye bolts in the OE mounts. If not, the Grayston ones are fine, just be sensible where you put them - not in the middle of a big flat sheet for example. If your cage has a harness bar, I'd use that for the shoulder straps. If not, mount the shoulder straps with as shallow an angle from the horizontal you can get away with.

Edited by Biggles

cheesegrater

If it helps I'm currently stripping a car that had harnesses, 2 eyelets in the standard rear seat clasp holes, two in the upper rear quarters, two in the outer front lower seat belt mounts and one additionally welded into the tunnel behind the handbrake lever assembly.

TAG

Hi Tom, would it be possible for you to post up some pictures? specifically of the upper rear quarter mounts and the tunnel if you can,

Thanks,

Tom

cheesegrater

Yeah no worries I'll grab some today.