• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_john_m

Gave The Old Girl A Clean!

m_john_m

Finally got Pamela the pug on the road!...... After 2 years!

Today I planned on giving her a full machine polish...... Didn't have the time so just gave her a clean, polish and wax!

I will hopefully do a full detail next weekend!

Before

post-25021-0-67571700-1422212086_thumb.jpg

Custard snow foam :)

post-25021-0-85263300-1422211902_thumb.jpg

post-25021-0-88304700-1422219806_thumb.jpg

post-25021-0-95992700-1422212163_thumb.jpg

m_john_m

And here is the finished result, shame the sun wasn't out to see it shine.

Will be giving her a full going over next week.

Still needs some TLC, mainly the fuel cap needs respraying and so does the front grill as it has gone white.

post-25021-0-60058600-1422219888_thumb.jpgpost-25021-0-96524800-1422219896_thumb.jpgpost-25021-0-68918300-1422219909_thumb.jpgpost-25021-0-99277100-1422219924_thumb.jpg

What engine mods do people do from standard?

I could do with a bit more speed sometime soon!

eddie bullit

Looks good!

m_john_m

Thanks, it looks better on pics than in person, bonnet has dents and needs a full respray.

Rust starred coming through in places, mainly above rear windows! Still a solid car :)

m_john_m

shes alright, solid enough. Interior is tatty though, leather has faded in the usual places and the leather has decided to unstitch itself....... i will be dyeing the leather myself but im not a women so someone else can stitch it togethor ;)

pugdamo

looks very nice,got to love a red GTI.

Iv never heard of that snow foam,is it this? http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/magifoam-yellow-pre-wash-snow-foam.html

I probably foolishly bought the Demon shine snow foam but the foam lasts about 2 minuites,that stuff looks really thick,how long does it last before drying into the paint like my crap one does?

m_john_m

looks very nice,got to love a red GTI.

Iv never heard of that snow foam,is it this? http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/magifoam-yellow-pre-wash-snow-foam.html

I probably foolishly bought the Demon shine snow foam but the foam lasts about 2 minuites,that stuff looks really thick,how long does it last before drying into the paint like my crap one does?

Thanks mate, I love it, i just think it's hilarious to drive :)

Yeah that's the one mate, I only bought it because it looks like custard......mi love custard. It's really thick and does a good job. I usually buy snow foam off my mate who owns a company called formulaclean, search him on Facebook, he sells all his own cleaning stuff and it's really good stuff, and it's a decent price :) autobrite sell good stuff but they have gone very expensive, 1L of custard snow foam cost me like £20 incl delivery, a lot of money to make fake custard haha I'd recommend finding a snow foam you like then buy a gallon of it, will last forever and save you loads of money.

Your not meant to let it dry, you leave it for about 10 mins then blast it off with jet wash. I usually snow foam it first, then get set up for cleaning my cars, like fill up buckets etc and just let the snow foam do it's work. The longer you leave it the better.

pugdamo

Thanks for the reply,I wasn't leaving it dry,the bubbles disappeared after about 2 minuites and left funny marks on the paint,wasn't a really hot day either so just guess it's crap but what did I expect for the price.Will search your friend,I am a custard fan aswell though.

m_john_m

Thanks for the reply,I wasn't leaving it dry,the bubbles disappeared after about 2 minuites and left funny marks on the paint,wasn't a really hot day either so just guess it's crap but what did I expect for the price.Will search your friend,I am a custard fan aswell though.

i dont trust people that dont like custard haha

His stuff is really good, i got talking to him at the NEC a year and half ago, iv used his stuff ever since! i have a few cars sponsored by him which is good.... including the pug ;)