• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJPMIKE

Sorrento Green Limited Edition Car- Checking Its Original

AJPMIKE

Hi all i'm currently looking at a 1.9 1990 in sorrento green but i'm worried it might not have originally been one of the limited edition cars it it supposed to be. wherever the paint has chipped or worn away it appears white or very light/ cream underneath, is this normal? Also where would i find the paint code? Can you check the chassis number is a special edition?

Cheers, Mike

j_turnell

The sorrento paint code is MORM and stamped above the passenger headlight. The car should have grey carpet, door cards and full leather and be fitted with PAS. Should be obvious if its been painted or not.

AJPMIKE

thanks, all the interior matches im just worried about the white/cream underneath the green paint?

rallyeash

Where is it for sale? And location?

AJPMIKE

in the midlands.I just wanted to know if its normal to see a cream/ white beneath the paint

Daviewonder

Maybe it's had a used panel fitted and painted?

j_turnell

If your talking about paint chips then it may just be down to primer, look at the door shuts, pull off a door card, engine bay, inside the boot. Unless its had a full strip down and bare metal respray you should see signs of the previous colour if it has had a coat of paint. Look for any orange peel or sanding marks for signs. Get some pics of the car on here, that would help.

AJPMIKE

Its all over the car, wherever there are chips its white/cream. If theres wear such as around the tailgate or the kick plate surface then once again its like a cream/white under the green paint.where the seam cracks slightly above the side windows also looks white inside the crack. Are they primed white/cream

Edited by AJPMIKE

acox99

Is it the same colour as where the chassis number is stamped into the bulkhead. They are usually masked off from being painted in top coat from the factory. If the colour is the same I would say it's the primer.

Daviewonder

Could it be bird excrement?

AJPMIKE

Is it the same colour as where the chassis number is stamped into the bulkhead. They are usually masked off from being painted in top coat from the factory. If the colour is the same I would say it's the primer.

the dots making up the writing appear as white, the sorrounding area the dotted vin number is located in is sorrento green

j_turnell

I would post some pictures of the areas your worried about. You could also contact the dvla or ask the owner to enquire if its had a colour change, an HPI check maybe worth a go to.

Pugleyrich

Is it the 1.9 on eBay with phase 2 lights and manual windows?

AJPMIKE

Is it the 1.9 on eBay with phase 2 lights and manual windows?

no its not that one.All the spec is correct on the car, i'm just concerned someone in the past has possibly transferred all the bits from a broken special edition into a different car then painted it sorrento green if you see what i mean? would you expect to see white/cream primer under the paint? No one is answering this

Anthony

Where there is chips then yes I would expect to see the primer underneath.

It's been a few years since I had a Sorrento so I can't be sure what colour the primer was now, but for what it's worth, it's certainly white on my black 205 and given how dark Sorrento is I would assume that it would be the same.

Daviewonder

Yes it is a white/cream colour. My drivers door has some chipping down the edge where the previous owner has opened it into a wall. I can grab a photo if you want?

j_turnell

Here's a pic of my old sorrento, you can see the factory primer on the quarter panel.

Pic088_zpsqo8qlxxn.jpg?t=1422117315

stew205

Hi,

I'm guessing your the chap who's done the swap with the 944turbo with my brothers Sorrento 205!

It's an honest and genuine ltd edition 205 you now have.

• Like 1

tartanbloke

Lift up the carpet near the rear seats and that should be painted the primer colour, if it matches then you have your answer. Also, that Sorrento that was being sold in coventry did look like it was correct and the previous owner was not very clued up about it.

AJPMIKE

Thanks for all the replies, my mind is now at rest and I took a drive to work today in my new sorrento :D

ScoobyJawa

Nice one welcome to the club, and just to add, mine is white/cream too :)