• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danpug

Vts Struts On 205 Diesel?

danpug

I've been out of the 205 game for a few years now so I'm a bit rusty on my knowledge nowadays! My 1.8 (non turbo) diesel 205 needs new front strut top bearings, I've got access to a pair of known good xsara vts struts so thought I could perhaps just put these on to save pulling the others apart. Are they just a straight bolt on though?

Anthony

The dampers themselves will be, but the springs I imagine would sit too high and the top mounts wrong.

The drop link tabs on the 306/Xsara dampers is different to the 205 GTi/TD ones, but if yours is an NA derv it should have the base model subframe with TCA's and hence not an issue.

306/Xsara rear dampers are a straight swap too btw.

danpug

Ok, better stick with the standard stuff then. Than you.

Anthony

The VTS dampers should give a moderate increase in damping over the base model diesel stuff (people have used them on GTi's as a cheap mild upgrade) so might be worth using them in place of the 205 ones if it's a bit soft and wallowy. Fit them using the 205 springs and top mounts.

The 306/Xsara strut top bearings themselves are the same as 205 ones btw if that's what you need, but unless they've been replaced since new they'll likely be tired anyway. The bearings are about a tenner a side from memory.

danpug

Ok thanks for your help