• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stux

302Mm Brakes 207/307Cc/c4 Vts

stux

Hi

I didn't find an answer ... about bigger 302mm brakes from 207/307cc/c4 vts.

Do they fit straight on 205 GTi/saxo/106 hub as for exampe 306 GTi-6 setup?

thx

RossD

Unless you have a car that goes over 150mph regularly then these are probably overkill in my opinion. A good set of 266mm or 283mm discs and appropriate calipers will stop a 205 day in day out without problems.

Think of the weight they would add too! :)

Maso

Unless you have a car that goes over 150mph regularly then these are probably overkill in my opinion. A good set of 266mm or 283mm discs and appropriate calipers will stop a 205 day in day out without problems.

Think of the weight they would add too! :)

Would you say that still goes for when you got a 205 Turbo with 250-300bhp?

Edited by Maso

carlh.1

I have 302mm disks with nissan skyline 4 pot calipers, I don't feel the increase in unsprung weight and stops the car really well. A lot better then the gti6 calipers and disks.I'm the same as you 300hp gti6 turbo

stux

I didn't ask if it is the best setup for 205. I'm only wondering do they fit? Now in my 205 I'm using GTi-6 setup and I also have 406 brembo which I'm going to test. Do you think I'll notice the difference?

carlh.1

I noticed a big difference. A lot better feel under foot, I'm only on standard pads aswell.

With the skyline calipers I couldn't get them under 1.9 alloys, so had to get some sl wheels