• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MKrisz92

Rear Beam Opinions

MKrisz92

Hey there! I have a 309 gti16 rear beam as a leftover from my previous car, which needs to be refurbished. I also have a beam which is still in a pretty nice shape, as it has done ~110.000 km under the car. Now I'd like a bit stiffer end on my cabrio, can I... mix the two beams? I dont want the wider 309 beam, I dont want it to rub as it will be lovered a bit. Can I somehow put the gti16 arb/tb and disc brake setup onto the base beam I have? Is it possible? Normal 1.9 gti beams are like impossible to find here in Hungary :(

Ryan

You can swap the disc brakes to the 205 beam, but the 309 torsion bars and anti-roll bar are too long to fit the 205 tube.

MKrisz92

:/ And can I bring those beams to have them cut or modified (properly of course) to make it the same length? Is there anything else I should swap? I've never had one disassembled, I don't know what parta are there, these were always... scary parts for me :D