• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Malc

Track Day Tyres (Again)

Malc

Looking at tyres for next years track days, these tyres are only for the dry (I have R1Rs for the wet) so any feedback welcome. I have used the usual R888s etc in the past but keen to look at the following

Maragoni zeta semi slick 195/50/15

Maxsport RB5 (medium) 185/55/15 (used these in the past on my caterham and quite liked them)

Indy sport TR (medium) 195/50/15

All above are keenly priced compared to R888, A048 etc, and I know you only get what you pay for when it comes to quality tyres, however I would go for the RB5s as used before, but always keen to try out alternatives, is there anything else that you would recommend?

stu8v

Used Michelin slicks 190/580/15 great and last ages.

Malc

Stu, where did you get the used slicks from?

Seem to be a couple of good reviews on the maragoni's so considering these over the others. Still seems no-one has tried them on a 205 yet, might just have to be the guinea pig!

stu8v

I'm selling up.

I'll have a set for sale soon

johnnyboy666

I used to run marangoni zeta linea road tyres on a 205 and rated them highly, although that was years ago now, and probably irrelevant as they'll be different compounds to the semi slicks, but the quality of the tyre seemed good.

If they are available in the correct size for you (pretty sure ive seen them in 195/50/15), kumho ecsta v70/v700 are a really good tyre, but probably in the £100 each category last time i checked. They are the sort of tyre where the grip just keeps coming, I really struggled to force the car to lose traction on the front, which was nice :) They are road legal too, but will last very few road miles before reaching the legal limit.

dobboy

I bought 4 Yoko AD08R earlier today for £260 delivered from CamSkill

These are supposed to be great for road and track. Big winter discount on them just now, usually £100 a piece from DT's.

Nath88n

I bought 4 Yoko AD08R earlier today for £260 delivered from CamSkill

These are supposed to be great for road and track. Big winter discount on them just now, usually £100 a piece from DT's.

What size? If it's 185/55/15 you saved £100 over what I paid! I know 195/50/15 were cheaper but they are too wide for mine.

Anyway I am very pleased with them in the rage I have tried them in (12 degrees too -1). Really looking forward to getting some heat into them and trying them on track.

Edited by Nath88n

Adam B

Really impressed by the ad08r now both on road and track. Not mega under 5 degrees in the wet mind, but very progressive break on them when they do lose traction.