• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty205xs

Recaro Seat

matty205xs

hi, iv recently acquired a recaro seat for free and im thinking of fitting into my 205.

does anybody know if a 205 seat slider rail will fit a recaro seat?

thanks matt.

allye

Side mount or bottom mount? you can either buy a ready made one to fit it, or make some plates to mount it to standard sub frame - although not advised as youll be too high, or make your own subframe to solid mount but you'll have MOT issues.

standard bucket seat comment, check your actual mounts in the floor, they can fail.

matty205xs

right ok thanks, ye im on about the bottom mount as I was wondering if the standard 205 seat subrame would be a straight swap with the one already on the seat? and the mounts in the floor of my car are all good and seemed nice and solid. (which was surprising considering the amount of holes in the floor :lol:)

thanks matt.

allye

your seat will not bolt straight to the 205 subframe. Unless the recaro subframe is a purpose 205 one that wont bolt in either.

Wes

Recaro no longer make the frames for 205's so you will have to make something up.

matty205xs

right ok thanks, I also found out what car I came out from and it was an evo 4 so some adjustments will need to be made no matter what anyway.

thanks matt.

Wes

My recaros were from an evo 4, pics can be found on my build thread.

matty205xs

oh cool, whats the thread called?