• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Half Leather Seat Problems

flyfisher

have a set of phase two half leather red and black check seats these are mint but for one bit. On drivers seat centre cloth has pulled away on base of seat at rear where it goes under seat upright

Is there any way this can be repaired or would it need a detriment any ideas or advise would be help full thanks peter

Pugleyrich

Do you mean that the material has pulled away from the cloth that attaches to the underside of the seat?

flyfisher

Yes I've seen this many times but can't see how to rectify it any idears

speno

I just stitch a new peace of fabric on it,all way across then pull it back under the seat . you never see it .

But it does help in my factory I have sewing/leatherwork department

Pugleyrich

I have hand sewn a few of these as I don't have a machine. The fabric is sometimes frail and needs replacing but I have sewn the original fabric on a few sets of seats and they have been fine. Easy to do once the cover is off.

Plumbob

I had the same thing with my seats....

I took the lower cover off and carefully removed the old material, then made two new copies (my step mother did) and sewed them back on to the main cover. Heres some photos to explain...

46F8DCBA-5CFC-4E2B-AB90-A9C48A907082_zps

F75552EC-E10E-453E-8561-0CEBEB3E7B37_zps

4C9C14DA-0157-4E1F-9874-B18EAA04353F_zps

Old vs New! Obviously they're both done the same now..

186E9002-917A-4633-8BC0-0D2E1CE1B28C_zps

• Like 2

Stu

^^^^^^^^^^^

This is exactly what i did with mine, made up a template from some material i had, and took it to an upholsterer near me that whizzed it up on his industrial machine, he literally charged me a fiver to do both i think.

I had a go at hand stitching it first but when i came to refit it the tension required to get the cover properly stretched over the foams pulled my stitching apart hence the need for it to be done on a decent machine.

Tom Fenton

The local trimmer did some for me many years ago, rather than black cloth he used some black vinyl which he said would be hardier than cloth. You cannot see it when fitted anyway. As said it's an easy job for any car trimmer or general upholsterer.

ScoobyJawa

Did same as plumbob, you don't see it.