• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lloyd1986

Brake Lines To Fit Gti6 Calipers

lloyd1986

I have just fitted gti6 calipers to my 205 and have been told that i need to buy longer brake lines to reach caliper.

i know miles from pug racing has them for £45 but i have been told there are brake lines off a fiat that fit these calipers and are the same length as the ones i need to buy anyone heard of this or have information on this subject.

• Like 1

dcc

adam you could make a 2inch copper line 'extension' with a bend from the caliper. saves the need to buy longer lines

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

I've seen that done, I am not convinced its a good idea at all, the only way its acceptable is to make a bracket to hold the end of it rigidly.

Otherwise the movement of the suspension and steering will be fatiguing the copper extension which will eventually bust, as the flexi hose is still quite stiff.

dcc

Interesting Tom, I have done this only once on a friends car, which is running 406 brembo's - we used the copper nickel line to add a 90degree bend. I will keep an eye on it for him, (he lives/works near me) so I'll be sure to let you know of any issues. (the whole thing was a stop gap while he buys the right lines, when/if that happens)

• Like 2

Rams_gti6

Don't risk it. Just buy the longer ones from miles. If you find the fiat ones they might cost you £15-20 anyway.

• Like 1

boldy205

That's £45 I will be spending soon, its well worth doing it in my view.