• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lightflow

Front Sunroof Trim Captive Nuts

lightflow

I removed my plastic Sunroof trim today. Despite being cosmetically perfect on the exterior I found, as suspected, that it has almost no fixing clips left and quiiiite a lot of sealant holding it in place around the rivets heads :)

Luckily I have a brand new set to put on with all the clips intact, but the front trim does not come with the pair of captive nuts - the center ones (near the aerial base).

From pictures (I don't have any originals) it looks like they might be some form of "clip nut" or "U Nut" - probably with an M4 thread.

Ideally I would like to get the correct fixings, anybody know the Peugeot part number - they aren't listed on Servicebox with the trim and it's not obvious from the fasteners and fixings appendix.

Or perhaps (it's a long shot) but does anyone happen to have a pair?

lightflow

Well - I went to my local dealers and we poured over servicebox still not able to find specifically what Peugeot used. A call is still pending with a neighbouring dealer to see what they know, but whilst waiting I just ordered some M5 "Spire Nuts" also known perhaps as clip nuts or Speed Clips and are commonly used for fairings and trim parts.

Importantly, they should have a dimension of 11mm from the back edge to the centre of the threaded hole. I think they should do the job... I will have a few spare as I ordered 10...