• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lloyd1986

205 Gti Master Cylinder

lloyd1986

hi everyone ive browsed the forum looking for an answer lots of arguments about upgrading standard 1.9 gti brakes to gti6 brakes what i need to know is will my standard master cylinder be capable of running big brakes or do i need to get a better one ( been told to get a 406 non abs master cylinder) as it will stop a spongey pedal. cheers for any help

Anthony

Standard MC will work, you'll just have a longer pedal travel. 406 MC is larger and reduces the pedal travel when using calipers with larger pistons like GTi-6.

lloyd1986

will it make any diffrence with clearance when fitting a gti6 engine ??

Anthony

Not really - the external size of both MCs is broadly similar and plenty of people have done GTi-6 conversions with either.

• Like 1

lloyd1986

so the only reason u change mc is to reduce pedal travel thats it cheers for the info will stick with what i have got then.

Daviewonder

If you don't know the history of your one then It's probably worth changing anyway.

lloyd1986

the history of mine was sat in field for 5 years lmao if anyone has a 1997 406 2.0l non abs master cylinder for sale i would gladly buy it.

• Like 1

Miles

Always buy new with things like this, after all it's about the most important item on the car

• Like 1

stu8v

Change it.

Whats the point of swapping the other bits if your left with baggy brakes...