• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPofRCLD

Fitting E30 Front Headlamps On Morette Replicas

SPofRCLD

Hi all, havent posted here for some time as the car sat in the parking for around a year or two and now its time to give her some tlc again! :P

Now, i have morette replicas fitted on the car,

And i always wanted to fit headlamps with projectors, like in the e30, delta integrale etc..

I did manage to source a pair of e30 yellow quads, but while taking measurements noticed that in order to fit the outer projector ones i will need to cut out the part that holds the mountings for the indcator bracket as the projector lamp is very long compared to a regular lamp. Other option is to place it as the inner lamp, which will need no cutting at all, but then my driving light will be the inner lamp, which will look weird in my opinion.. I have searched for some decent projector 5" lamps which might have a shorter body, but apparently they all are long.

Any thoughts on this? Should i cut or fit as inner light, or are there any other lamps i missed?

Thanks in advance!

Henry Yorke

Fit as the inner light and put a side light in the outer light :) That way both will also light up when on side lights.

I never like extra cutting if I can help it.

I am guessing you have the morette type which keep the standard indicator as opposed to the ones where you have to mount the indicator in the bumper instead.

SPofRCLD

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the quick reply!

The more replicas i have are the ones without the built in indicators, this is the reason to why the outer e30 lamp is blocked by

the indicator mounting on the body. your idea of making a hole to fit a side light in the second sounds very good, the problem is

that if i place the projector lamp, which is the one used as the driving light(not sure this is the correct way to say it..), as the inner lamp

it will look kind of silly, as on all cars i have seen with quads the projectors are the outer lamps.

i will try to post some pics of the lamps and the part that needs to be cut.

SPofRCLD

I can't edit the previous post, so here are some pics :)

The part i need to cut out to fit the projector lamp (not my car, a pic from the forum as its dark outside):

DNDBxH.jpg

The E30 lamps, the long one has the projector in it:

na4J2R.jpg

well, and the car in daytime:

70PrVc.jpg

Henry Yorke

I see what you mean. The nature of a projector light will always be long in length in order to project the light. So if you want to use these then you will have to cut. It depends on the condition of your front panel as it might be a good opportunity to de rust that and make it solid for the future.

Nice modified Zender kit too :)

SPofRCLD

Thanks Henry! Thats exactly what thought.

We dont really have rust issues here in Israel, only lousy craftsmanship, so the front panel is rust free but might have some weird screws here and there due to ״professional" mechanics trying to fix bits connected to it.. Im still not sure about the hole i need to make for the lamp, as it seems to be pretty close to the front part of the cars frame..

The kit was really hard to find here, but the three stripes in the front valance had to go as i dont have the original 3 stripe grill and it looks strange with only 3 stripes at the bottom.