• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil205

Soggy Feet

Phil205

If you have a sunroof the drain tubes could be blocked or leaking into the car , the 2 rear drains run down inside the 'C' posts .

Water that leaks into the boot can run forward and it gathers in the depression under the rear seats .

The two drain holes at the front of the sunroof drain the water ok.

What are the 2 rear drains for ? The sunroof also ?

mrfirepro

they do the same as the front and run from the sunroof through the rear quarter panel and out under the bumper.

P1010641_666x500.jpg

P1010645_375x500.jpg

P1010987_666x500.jpg

P1010988_666x500.jpg

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

Thanks for those pics - it would explain the recent slight dampness I've found on my passenger side rear headlining. Looks like it's right where the sunroof drain runner is, so I assume that has either become detached or got a slight split in it, so that will give me an idea of where to look when I get a chance :)

hoodygoodwood

The 2 rear drains cannot be easily seen as the glass covers them , the handle needs to be removed and the glass slid right back so you can get to them . If water doesn't flow through the pipe you could use a piece of wire or similar to push out the obstruction , a fellow 309 owner has found a very long test tube cleaner type brush on Ebay that he used to clear his tubes .The tubes can be pinched where they run along the roof lining and this would help them to block .A split in the pipe could let a lot of water into the car but I have not seen this myself .

Overzealous cavity wax application or undersealing can block the sill drain points , I had a 406 estate and the drivers side sill was so full of water you could hear it rushing forward when I braked .

On the subject of sunroof drains and other leaks from the roof area I will be writing an article for the PSCUK magazine 'Torque' covering the repair of the drain tubes etc .