• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ftoomsh

Peter T St2 Inlet Regrind

ftoomsh

Does anyone know what power/torque rev ranges are for the reground pete taylor st2 inlet cam is for an xu9j4.

Id email pete but he will be sleeping now lol .

ftoomsh

Ive looked there doesnt give power band.

dcc

Peters contact details are on there for you to email him :)

• Like 2

Anthony

It will depend on other variables such as plenum or ITB's, but last ITB'd 1.9 Mi16 with St2 inlet / St1 exhaust I drove subjectively seemed to be around 3000-7000rpm - although it was perfectly tractable from near enough idle.

I would imagine that with a plenum inlet it would be rather more peaky and less tractable low down.

ftoomsh

On itb's (gsxr 1000) with std exh cam 4 branch exhaust manifold.

kyepan

depending on the quality of the inlet manifold and how long the primaries are on the 4 branch it should look something like this..., perhaps making peak torque a bit higher, and peak power should be nearer 200.

7596833662_0ce1dcf323_c.jpg​

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=105821&p=1364627 and compared to a catcams inlet.

• Like 1

kyepan

If you're building this for a rally car, which i'm guessing you are. It may be worth having a slightly longer conversation about your choice of exhaust manifold and inlet manifold design, specifically over the primary lengths, as it can make the difference between .. not much more torque between 3-5k rpm... and ALOT more torque between those areas.

If you look at the second graph comparing the catcams inlet, you'll see both are on bodies, both are standard ish 1.9 mi-16 and both are running a mild ish inlet cam, yet there is a great deal of difference between the mid range torque figures. This difference comes from the inlet manifold design and exhaust manifold design. The longer primaries on the exaust and longer inlet mean the usual MI 3500 dip is ironed out, and not made worse.

If you're looking for tractable drivability out of corners, and boot fulls of torque, you may want to rethink your choice of manifolds, looking to have primary lengths for the exhaust around 22-23 inches, and pretty much as long as you can get under the bonnet.

Hope this helps, and look at my engine build thread for more info on both.

ftoomsh

Valve head to trumpet mouth is approx 320 mm and i have a 4 branch exh manifold fitted. Not sure on primaries or make of exh manifold though..

Will look at your thread. Thanks!!

welshpug

iirc sandy works to a rough figure of 380mm on the inlet, but as always you need to get it close then fine tune on the dyno.