• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
artois7

Fitting Phase 2 Doors & Boot To My Phase 1.

artois7

Hi all,

Not sure on if this is sacrilege on the 205 forum here but I'm buying a pair of doors & boot from a phase 2 to fit to my phase 1. My panels are rotten, and these are local and well priced.

I've just read on here that they had different spoilers, which I hadn't noticed.

The bits I'm getting also come with central locking and elec windows, whereas my early 1.6 obviously has none of these features. Is wiring these in even a possibility considering the different wiring type through the door on the phase 1/2?

I feel bad for taking the original panels off and converting them to the later type as there aren't many phase 1s kicking about anymore, but the availability is extremely low these days that things popping up locally just doesn't seem to happen.

scbond

The difference in spoiler is the rear one on the tailgate. Look at an image of a phase 1 versus a 1.5/2 and you should see it straight-away.

kenneth205xld

Phase 1 tailgate is flatter at the top and the spoiler is stuck to the glass.

205TDAutomaticJimsreg29062014038_zpsd3ce

Phase 2 tailgate has a lip above the the window and a different spoiler.

205td12Augandcaravangarden14thAug13002_z

And finally a phase 2 tailgate on a phase 1 car with phase 1 rear spoiler.

pugsaudiandcaravam30thjuneto9thjuly20130

My phase 1 205 XLD was fitted with a phase 2 tailgate for the same reason as yours, it was rotten and I could not find any phase 1 taligates.

artois7

Thanks, very informative. Any one have any insight to the doors with regards to the fitting & wiring?

Edited by artois7

artois7

Hi all,

Changed my thoughts with this - I now intend to put my manual windows into the phase 2 electric window doors, in an attempt to somewhat keep originality even though they're the wrong doors. Will my phase 1 door cards match up to the phase 2 doors?

kenneth205xld

Your trim should fit but there is an extra hole roughly below the mirror which I think will need filling. Does your 205 GTI have full door trims, from memory I don't think it has?

Some phase 2 205's still came with roll pins for the door hinges but I think most changed to the screw type hinge pin. Hope this is of some help.