• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
motocrosser334

Roof Lining

motocrosser334

Hi folks...

I was giving the pug a clean the other day when i rubbed a damp cloth across the roof liner...i noticed the cloth was a bit grubby so was chuffed to see as i lightly ran it across the liner it cleaned up great. Finished cleaning the car and that was me, car looking good again.

Jumped in the car the next day and felt like if grown a foot overnight...my head was now touching the roof liner...the whole liner hadnt fallen in but the thin felt had come away from the foam backing...so now im left with it sagging. its not as bad and i can drive the car, but want to get it back to the way it was...

If its pushed back up it sticks temporarily but just falls back...i wondered if heat would help reattach it ie hairdryer it get glue sticky again and the likes of a mini paint roller to roll it back into place...

Any advice...????

Thanks

dobboy

What about filling a syringe/needle with glues and trying to pierce through the felt to get some blobs on the foam? then push the felt up.

motocrosser334

Thanks dobboy...Ingenious idea...I think the felt is too thin to just use blobs here and there...i think it would need a thin film of spray glue or something...but obviously u cant get to the underside without taking the felt completely off or headliner out...

Might turn out to be my winter project ha ha...

dobboy

Lol

Or!

Use a can of spray hi tac glue, fit a wd40 nozzle, pierce a few little holes, fit the straw, poke it through the holes, and spray upwards.

You would need to do a little bit at a time, and need to be really careful as the hitac stuff I've used only gives you one chance to get it right without creases. Brilliant glue though.

You could probably slit the felt with a stanley at strategic places to get some glue up and hide the slits when you're done.

Is it a non sunroof model?

Dizzee stuff

or just change the roof linning easy job and plenty of cars being broken for spares.

motocrosser334

Its a non sunroof model...i guess if i took the head liner out, instead of swapping it with another i could just take felt off and reglue it...the cloth is unmarked, and if i bought an old replacement it could happen it it...so i guess if its easy enough to take out that may be the answer...then ill know it wont happen again... :)