• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Removing Blade / Pin From The Brown Mutiplug

TaffyTim

How do you get the blade/pin out of the multiplug connectors?

Ive lifted the retaining flap and thought the blade would drop out with just a wiggle but it stayed fast. What else do i need to do?

I was trying to remove it to ensure the error with my temp gauge was engine side rather than dash side, i was then going to buy some new blades and run a fresh wire to a new blade (part 654259 i think is the right one)

dcc

pull harder

Ryan

If you look down into the plug from the open end (not the end the cables stick out of) then you can see a tiny metal bump on one side of each blade. That engages with a little plastic tab in the connector body. If you push something like a small flat screwdriver or the tip of a knife between the blade and the tab then the blades should come out with minimal force.

This is much easier to do that it is to explain, but you might have to do a couple before you get the knack.

• Like 1

chipstick

After lifting the flap I either pull the wire from behind or push down on the pin with a flat blade screwdriver. If you do it carefully, ie leaning the screwdriver on the plug and apply pressure it will be a doddle.

I had to change a fair few over when changing between early and later looms.

TaffyTim

Thanks chaps