• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmcgtk

Heator Resistor

mmcgtk

My heating is not working and was previously by-passed to switch. I have rewired the heater and I have tested the resistor in my spare 205.

The resistor unit is not working. I know the heating system is working in my donor 205, as I sold the resistor out of it ..(if only I knew I would get another 205..haha)

I have seen the rebuild guide in the articles section, but is there a more in depth version somewhere on this forum, I've tried the search engine with no luck

Edited by mmcgtk

Ryan

Does it not work at all, or does it work only on full blast and not the lower speeds?

mmcgtk

Doesn't work at all, However today I went to remove the heater controls to swap with a known working unit. When I pluged out the multi plug from the back, the fan turned on full blast?

mrfirepro

Where is the resistor located, thought I would have a look at mine....

TaffyTim

Where is the resistor located, thought I would have a look at mine....

My carpets are out so i dont know what is normally covered but I think i read before the resistor has a flap in the carpet you lift to see it.

Anyway if you look under the dash in the passengers footwell you'll see the fan, now look towards the drivers footwell near the gearstick and you'll see the plug going into the card, its held in by 2 phillips screws.