• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
katmav

Foot Well Puddle

katmav

Help! Big puddle in passenger foot well.

Would I be able to see anything if I remove the wing, or is it a dash out job?

post-16273-0-77776700-1409072544_thumb.jpg

post-16273-0-93770300-1409072555_thumb.jpg

jackherer

Take the scuttle panel out and check the drains either side aren't blocked and the seal for the fan inlet is all OK.

dcc

looks like a track car - if so just dry it up and get talc powder everywhere, and follow the streaks :)

nick205

Check the rear window seals as well. Mine leaks around the rear windows, particularly when parked with the nose higher than the tail. Then when you get it level the water runs to the front foot well.

deathbringer929

i had a leak in the exact same place. it was a panel seam where the seam sealer had perished and removed.

not really possible to seal from the inside as theres a box section over that area. you could try using a spray sealer through the repeater hole if not possible to remove the wing but wing removal would be best. also check the screen seal.

katmav

Thanks all, sounds like this is the answer:

i had a leak in the exact same place. it was a panel seam where the seam sealer had perished and removed.

not really possible to seal from the inside as theres a box section over that area. you could try using a spray sealer through the repeater hole if not possible to remove the wing but wing removal would be best. also check the screen seal.

Rear windows and boot also have tiny leaks so I'll remove all the seals and clean everything.

harryskid

Would you mind not pis*ing there then! :angry::lol:

katmav

Right, I removed the nicely bonded on wing and the panel seal has proven to be fine.

Must be getting in the airbox inlet when its really pouring with rain! Does the airbox seal look normal?

post-16273-0-20395400-1409334621_thumb.jpg

post-16273-0-75846900-1409334708_thumb.jpg

post-16273-0-62178600-1409334717_thumb.jpg

katmav

I've even devoted my lunch box to try and fix the leak but its still getting in!

Window seal against the scuttle panel can't be doing its job?

post-16273-0-79799000-1409335003_thumb.jpg

post-16273-0-84322900-1409335018_thumb.jpg

jackherer

There is a lot of water there, are the drain holes blocked?

katmav

The water pictured is just where I've poured it everywhere

jackherer

Ah OK. Well, the air inlet seal looks normal, it just stops water getting in if the level in the scuttle gets too high, the plastic scuttle panel stops rain going directly in the top. Did the water you poured in drain easily through the drain holes on both sides? You might need to park the car with it tilted slightly to each side in turn to test both drains.

Miles

If your scuttle panel lip was outside of the windscreen rubber there lies your problem

katmav

Miles, yes its outside. Should it push under the windscreen seal then? Would make sense haha

jackherer

Well spotted Miles!

The scuttle cover goes under the seal and is a bit fiddly to refit and it looks like someone just gave up with yours...