• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
credowan

Powering Up Clarion Tape Deck To Secure Code

credowan

Hi I've been looking for the clarion tape deck to go in my car for a while and was lucky enough to get one yesterday

I've seen in a thread someone powered the head unit up in the lounge with a 12v battery to get the code and check it was working but I can't seem to find this.

My question is below is pictures of the unit and wiring I took when removing the head unit and does anyone know the best way or power it up as I don't want to burn it out etc when I've spent ages finding one

th_imagejpg5-1.jpg

th_imagejpg6-1.jpg

th_imagejpg7-1.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help

Gary

Mr_Frosty

How about plugging it into your car?

Unplug the big red multi plug and that should plug into an old Peugeot.

Clarky3rdNut

I recently unlocked mine armed with nothing but a PC power supply, paper clip and a pair of scissors. If you want, I can explain how with a few pictures I took at the time.

Certainly didn't want to spend the two and a half hours it took to crack the code sat in the car!

credowan

How about plugging it into your car?

Unplug the big red multi plug and that should plug into an old Peugeot.

Now why didn't I think of that... Car currently has after market head unit that's been chopped about into the wiring so not a option unfortunately but thanks

Gary

Edited by credowan

credowan

I recently unlocked mine armed with nothing but a PC power supply, paper clip and a pair of scissors. If you want, I can explain how with a few pictures I took at the time.

Certainly didn't want to spend the two and a half hours it took to crack the code sat in the car!

That would be great and any other ideas

Gary

lightflow

If the after market radio which you already have has iso connectors you may be able to use the conversion connectors you see in this thread.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=128723

There are lots of sources on ebay.

Anthony (on here) is able to decode the Clarions units (allegedly :ph34r:)

Faling that I do have a spreadhseet of code combinations you could use to plug in one at a time...

credowan

Cheers I'll have a read through and see what I can figure out, wiring isn't my strongest but always willing to learn so I'll see what I can do!

th_imagejpg4-2.jpg.

th_imagejpg5-2.jpg

th_imagejpg3-2.jpg

th_imagejpg2-2.jpg

This is the lovely mess I faced this morning and if I'm honest I wasn't surprised but it won't be staying like that

Thanks

Gary

Clarky3rdNut

OK...

So, not as many photos as I thought but hopefully enough to make it easy for you.

This is how the setup should look.

PSU on the left, Stereo on the right.

F69AF23D-B228-4C00-9760-CD83C30A7C9D.jpg

393AF46D-3733-4310-9BF5-38AE74C958F0.jpg

Remove two yellow wires and one black from the connectors which connect to CD drive Hard drive etc. on the PSU. I found the easiest way to do this was to use a paperclip and tuck the tabs on the copper bits inside, allowing you to free them from the white plastic connector.

Using a pair of scissors, open the copper connectors out ever so slightly.

They should be able to slide over and grip the pins on your red Clarion connector.

I can't really remember the colours. The black connects to black (Ground). Connect one yellow to the blue (Switched Live) and the other to the Red (Permanent Live). Someone might be able to correct me if I'm wrong or the following picture might help based on location.

6E74A529-32D6-4FFB-82A3-D61B283A7A46.jpg

Obviously be careful that the yellow and black don't touch each other and short ..they are very close together!

Switch the PSU on and you should find your Clarion lights up with a blank display.

Then for the fun part. Begin entering four numbers. 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1121, 1122 ....etc.

AD21E91B-B2FD-415C-AB04-32EAD9F1A6AC.jpg

You'll need to hold down the BAND button for a couple of seconds after each entry to clear the screen ready for the next.

I also periodically wrote down the number which I am up to as it is very easy to lose concentration or (in my case at least), get your fingers in a muddle and forget where you are.

It takes a while but eventually, with the correct four number entered, the Clarion will switch straight to FM mode.

3ACA79CC-FE24-4039-A4B5-0A2D9770D79D.jpg

Don't forget to write the correct code down!

And that's that! I'm sorry it wasn't the most detailed of writeups and for any poor grammar, I am in a bit of a rush. All the best!