• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
analog_addict

Replacing Front Bumper Spoiler And Further Rust.

analog_addict

If its the fixings on the outer wings your having trouble with, you shouldn't need to remove them.

If you loosen the fixing on the inner wing(s), and poke the threaded part through towards engine, bumper "should" slide off.

The outer wing fixings hold a rubber buffer, that the slider bracket behind ends of bumper, slides on to.

Taking grill off will probably help in taking bumper off.

Buy a decent set of ring spanners!

Is this correct for a non-GTI 205 as well? I should mention that. From what I can see and the Haynes manual, on a standard 205 it's just the one bolt going into the side bracket. Maybe I've just totally missed it.

Frontbumper205.jpg

I'll attack further with penetrating oil and get a ring spanner on it.

Edited by analog_addict

dobboy

Not 100% sure. I'll have a look later at my CJ and see if it looks the same set up as my GTI. If you are seeing thread and a nut rather than a bolt head it probably is different.

You should probably prepare yourself to be buying new fixings for the bumper ends no matter how its set up.

welshpug

not a chance those will "just slide off"

just chop them, youll make a mess of the bumper if you try to undo the nuts.

dobboy

Had a quick squint at my CJ and it looks as though the fixings are different to the GTI.

From what i seen the CJ doesnt have the rubber buffer, and is fixed nearer the front of the car probably via one of those "T" bolts through the bumper. (also looks as though it might have slightly different length/shaped bumper stays/pipes from inner wing to outer wing.)

As WP say's best chop the fixings off with a decent/thin cutting blade.

p.s. also best not try remove trim part of bumper until the bumpers off, then you can push the clips through from the back.