• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Castorkid

Metallic Knocking Noise

Castorkid

Hi all. I'd really appreciate some advice about my 205. Over the last few weeks, it has developed a metallic knocking noise from the near side rear end. Noise occurs more at slower speeds and especially when pulling on and off the drive at home and more when turning right than left. Sounds like two pieces of metal knocking together, like a spanner tapping on a roll cage (it isn't that). Initially, I thought it was the exhaust, knocking on a heat shield or something, but that's fine with plenty of clearance. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Tom Fenton

Check the rear anti roll bar end plate bolts are tight as a starter for ten.

Castorkid

Will do, thanks Tom.

eddie bullit

You sure it's from the rear? Sounds like the top mount plate has let go. I've had this before and because its snapped it will "clonk" as you pull away or reverse as the engine moves more than it should.

Castorkid

Thanks Eddie. I don't think the noise is related to engine movement as I can't make it happen coming on or off the throttle and it'll happen on a neutral throttle or when the clutch is depressed slowly coasting down off the drive.

eddie bullit

Okay mate. i remember it used to do it more when the wife was driving. Probably more to do with her stabbing the throttle and snapping it shut...she drives like she's rallying :D