• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
analog_addict

How Best To Stick On Rear Quarter Badges?

analog_addict

Removed my badges for a refurb and I'm not sure of the best way to put them back on. The pins are already snapped and a previous owner attached them with some black stuff. I've attached a picture. Not sure what this stuff is but it was a devil to get the badges off.

WP_20140713_002.jpg

welshpug

Tiger seal :)

Slo

While I agree on the tigerseal, when I did my respray I had already lost one and had to pull off the other trim so I could repaint and it just fell off in my hands.

After painting i ground away a spot of paint around each pin hole to expose some metal and stuck em again with tigerseal.

Now i cant get em off without breaking them lol very strong tigerseal is but its not so good at sticking to paint!

Edited by Slo

welshpug

I dunno, I stuck my zx's arch trims on with it and have had it up to 145-150 without issues.

analog_addict

Tiger seal :)

Any brick and mortar shops that stock this?

chipstick

Silicone sealant is strong enough to hold them, and gives you the ability to remove them if ever required with less risk of snapping like you get with tiger seal and the equivalent super strong adhesives.

dobboy

If I was you I wouldn't put silicon anywhere near your car, It's a paint shops worst nightmare.

If there is still some pin protruding you can remove back inner quarter plastic panels and push pins out.

I used 3M's double sided automobile fixing tape to fix mine. Make sure surfaces are cleaned with a spirit, and depending on what version of tape you use you may have to double it up in thickness and in width. The correct stuff for the job is about £15 a roll from any decent paint shop supplier.

Slo

I dunno, I stuck my zx's arch trims on with it and have had it up to 145-150 without issues.

Well in fairness it was halfords paint I'd painted it with previously :lol: and we all know how bad that stuff is

eddie bullit

I've previously used a blob of clear silicone sealant on each locate area. Strong enough to hold and if needs be will come away without breaking badges. In my experience anyway.

allanallen

Another vote for tiger seal, just don't go mad with it and you'll be able to remove them fine.

It sticks to paint as long as you clean it properly beforehand. To be fair it sticks to pretty much anything!

scbond

As Jack said, double-side sticky tape works just fine but the fit needs to be flush, have good contact and both surfaces need to be flawlessly clean. This is all that holds the late 90s/early 00s Fiesta badges on (and probably many other Fords) and I found it pricky tricky to get an old badge off...took a bit of heat to do it.

Mac Crash

Tiger seal.... it's almost a form of welding it's that strong...

analog_addict

I have another question, not worth making a new thread on.

What's the best way of unclipping the badge and grill from the bracket? I can't work out how the little pins work. I have a bracket with all pins intact and I don't want to snap any.

dobboy

i used a pair of long nose plyers and went round them one at a time gently squeezing them, gaining a little bit of separation every lap.

farmer

There is a new grille and backing on eBay for about £30 delivered

analog_addict

I tried squeezing them slowly but they're so soft I ended up just forcing it slowly with a long screwdriver near the pin. Snapped 2 on the badge but none on the actual grill.

Another forum suggests Sika Sikaflex to attach rear badges. Anyone tried?

PAGOS

Tech -7 gets my vote . Clean both surfaces with a little surgical spirit [or tech 7 cleaner ] and allow to dry before applying the stuff . Secure the part in place with a bit of masking tape ,clean off any excess and leave to set .