• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Malc

Track Day Pads

Malc

Looking to replace the current pads on my 205 (mainly used on track), current set up 283mm (180) discs and ebc red stuff pads, car is running 250bhp so need something decent, been reading through some old threads on pads but just looking for comments on experience and anything new out there worth trying? DS2500/DS3000 seem to be the favourite choice, anything else worth looking at?

stu8v

Ds2500/3000 are good as are the offerings from performance friction. I've just fitted pagid blues, only used them in the wet so far but yhey seem great.

Mac Crash

My mate is using yellow stuff on 350bhp S4, no issues at all, the red stuff is not suitable for what your doing.

Malc

Red stuff certainly like to smoke, had them near on fire a few times, agree no use for heavy track work, thanks for the comments, will look into and price up the above options

Roon

Bit vote for ds2500 were spot on around the ring from the word go as was my friends set in his M1.

I imagine Ds3000 are even better but sacrifice slightly on the road.

Also not a huge point but did notice less brake dust with DS over the ebc range and Mintex.

Henry 1.9GTi

ds3000 for track work. Give an ok pedal, nice modulation but you do have to get into the pedal before you get max breaking. They shouldn't fade on a light 205, especially if you have any kind of cooling.

2500 will fade.

My friend ran pagid blues in the britcar 24hour (wrong choice as had to change them 3 times!) but the performance was very very good. Used on similar brakes to what you state.

Stay well clear of EBC in my opinion. Fade and smoke/fires on light cars after mild track use.

CL brakes RC6 for ultimate stopping power. A friend used them on the road with no issue. They don't require bedding either which is a positive if arriving at a trackday with fresh pads. Downside is expensive, dont last long and a tough on discs. They also dont come with pad clips and subsequently suffer from alot of knockoff.

Malc

Well I made a mistake here, went for yellow stuff in the end, two track days and there almost dead, I can't believe the wear rate of these, all in I have done around 120 track miles and 250 road miles, I might be very lucky if I squeeze another track day out of them, but not likely.

Using drilled and grooved discs, would plain discs help wear rate? Or just sacrifice overall performance?

Going to order DS3000 next, however at twice the price of yellow stuff I am hoping they last a lot longer!!!

stu8v

3 trackdays on the pagid blues, no noticeable wear.

• Like 1

koti

I'm on ds2500's and can't fault them at all- done a few trackdays and they have been absolutely brilliant each time, loads better than the ebc pads I had in before

petert

My favourite is Endless. You won't be disappointed. Expensive? Yes.

Gman

Don't buy yellow stuff. I was in a similar position earlier this year and finally settled on them after seeing some good reviews and cheap prices.

I bedded them in correctly, but worn by 50% after one track day and the pads are now glazed and crumbling away. No bite at all on the road now, so only now good for track use really although I will probably chuck them and get some CL pads instead.

Biggles

Mintex F4R - 314 stage miles & about 800 road miles and they're about half worn. Good feel too. Not cheap but cheaper than not stopping in time from 100+ ...

boldy205

Ive been using ds 2500 on 266mm disks on my gti6 track car, id say they are good, I have re ordered them for a 3rd time round. As for the yellow stuff, I had them a few years back, they were good, then had a set which did nothing but fade so then went to the ds 2500s.