• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Bleeding With Bias Valve

chipstick

I've recently fitted new lines to the rear with an in line bias valve tee'd off as a 1.6 would be.

I've spent a couple of hours attempting to bleed the rear brakes and I'm not having much success. I've tried it in each setting (1-7 on an AP racing bias valve) and the suggested setting appears to be 7 - which is as much to the rear as the valve allows. Occasionally I will get a surge of fluid fr each rear caliper, but then for as many attempts as I can muster I get nothing at all. I appreciate the new lines will have a lot of air to bleed out, but I am not getting constant bubbling fluid, I get the odd squirt out of the blue and that's it for a while. There's no piston movement whatsoever after a couple of hours of trying.

I did wind the pistons in fully when I fitted the new discs and pads. Is this perhaps adding to my issue? The handbrake operates fine though.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I gave myself a days grace for unexpected hiccups before the MoT tomorrow but I am running out of time and ideas.

Tom Fenton

Have you got a pressure bleeder?

harryskid

I had the same problem on the rally car and had to use a pressure bleeder!

chipstick

Not got a pressure bleeder no. I'm using a hose and an assistant.

I won't have an assistant tomorrow morning before the mot so I shall try and buy one if Halfords have one.

SW205

yea halfrords have a couple, gunson i think make them, very good

connect it up to a spare wheel and get the correct top for the master cylinder, you will be done in 5mins

great job

chipstick

Went to Halfords first thing and picked one up. What a cracking piece of kit. Instantly had a decent flow through the rears after a mass of air was forced through. I'd always overlooked them in the past assuming they'd be crap but I can't imagine going back to the old method now. Thanks for the suggestions lads :)