• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BenC

Inner Wing Rust - Is It An Mot Fail?

BenC

Hi all,

My 205 XRDT run around has rust on the front inner wings, its quite bad now in that its bubbling through the paint work on the outer wings and I have managed to make a hole with the screwdriver through the inner wing so that you can now see day light :s. It runs along the crease where the jack is stored on one side and the washer bottle on the other. The MOT isn't until September so I have time, but is it likely to be a failure? The part of the shell around the strut top mounts is solid but technically the inner wing rust is within 30cm - is that the rule for failure? It's never been on my advisory sheets before but it has got considerably worse this winter. I'll try and upload some pictures when the rain has stopped.

Any advice appreciated!

welshpug

Depends how close to the suspension mounting it is, most will pass with a gert big ole there!

• Like 2

Miles

Cover it up, if it cannot be seen it cannot be removed, When you look at say a Fiesta they don't have any inner wings really but another good MOT rule

BenC

You reckon that'd be ok? I'd feel a little guilty covering it in seam sealer or Waxoyl, but at the same time it's not a concourse GTI, it's a base model diesel... :unsure:

welshpug

If the MOT isn't till September then I'd get it looked at, they aren't difficult to fix up usually.

allye

I'd put a 306 engine in it.

BenC

Cheers all (apart from Ali ;)). Will have to try and find the time to take it off the road...