• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PeterGriffin

More Sticky Brakes, All Four Corners

PeterGriffin

Hi folks,

I appreciate there's threads on this, but some don't come to full conclusions and I've been struggling for a while, mostly to try and pin point the issue before I get stuck in, as time is a bit of a scarcity.

When cold, brakes behave normally, albeit with a lot of pedal travel, which I've put down to having 307D front calipers.

Once hot, the brake travel lessens, pedal stiffens up and all four corners bind. When I say hot, I'm not 100% sure it's after a lot of braking. On today's drive, it seemed to bind up as usual after 10 mins or so, but I'd been avoiding braking as much as possible, so started to wonder if we're talking hot brake fluid or hot servo.

So once they binded up, I checks temps all round, the front discs both around 200 degC, the rear drums both 100, and I tried to get a temp of the brake lines beside m/c, seemed to be 65-70, reservoir was kinda hot to the touch.

I'll try loosening the bolts between m/c and servo when they're binding, see if that helps. Failing that I've got new 23mm m/c I could chuck in, then I'm out of ideas.

Separate issue (I think), but I don't think the reservoir is seated properly?

vc5vt5ncll3r5mjfg.jpg

Thanks folks

Simes

I to have 307 brakes, the travel is further but you get used to that.

Try slackening off the rod that actuates the master cylinder piston, sounds like it is wound out a bit.

PeterGriffin

Will do, thanks mate.

I noticed discussion on braking issues linked to sunroof vacuum - I have reason to believe sunroof is leaking - anyone seen this issues being related?

Cheers!

welshpug

When it happens, pull up on the pedal, see what happens.

Come across sticky servos a few times.

PeterGriffin

tried that before, pedal doesn't budge and brakes stay sticky...

will get onto slackening off the m/c next time they're hot, see if it's that rod needs adjusting. Why would heat affect that?

Edited by PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin

Got this wrapped up today, put in a brand new 23mm m/c and all is well. Less travel on brake pedal as well, previous m/c must have been ragged...