• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m@ttc

Green Tinted Glass

m@ttc

looking on service box some glass is listed as green tinted. I'm wondering if this glass was specific to a model, or paint color, can anybody help?

i cracked my window screen today trying to remove it and id like to get the right replacement.

my cars lazor green if it makes a difference.

thanks matt.

scbond

Just an assumption but it sounds like a tinted sunstrip which would've been an optional extra.

m@ttc

There is an E code, the letter "E" that is circled followed by a number. This number indicates the European country that has certified the auto glass, which is not necessarily the same as the country where the glass was manufactured.

the e2 means france. and DOT221 means it was manufactured in Cristalleria Espanola s.a. Madrid, Spain.

IMG_22601_zpsti0aitdp.jpg

Edited by m@ttc

Ren

All Gti's have bronze glass as far as I am aware. Base models should be clear and the green should be on the higher spec but below Gti. Not really looked but I would imagine D-turbo and STDT etc. The easiest way to tell what colour glass you have is to wind a door window down part way and place a piece of white paper behind the top of it. You should see the colour change was enough.

m@ttc

Thanks for the tip mate. It would have been helpfull but unfortunately i dont have it anymore. I took it down the tip, as i really didn't have the space to keep a broken screen around :(

Some good info there, i never new the green glass was on those models, guess i'll have to look out for a bronze screen then.

• Like 1

scbond

Not entirely sure but I don't think the windscreen was bronze tinted, just the sides and rear. I could be wrong though!

Ren

Windscreen is definitely bronze tinted, they also do a bronze with blue sunstrip. I think my old Roland Garros had green glass, can't remember for definite though.