• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Non Factory Side Repeaters To Suit 205?

JR20516V

Has anybody fitted non factory side repeaters in liu of the orange square ones. I have seen Ford Mondeos on 205's and look quite good. I guess the rear socket fitting would be the problem to allow it to fit to the strange shaped hole

Failing that who still sells the 205 clear square ones....were they OE ?

Cheers for any tips:]

GLPoomobile

I have seen Ford Mondeos on 205's and look quite good.

No they don't :P

I fitted oval universal fit ones to my very first GTI. In hindsight it looked s*it. On a relatively standard styled GTI you absolutely must have OE orange or clear repeaters. anything else looks s*it. If it's cosmetically modified with a different bodykit for example, then you can get away with different styled repeaters as you've significantly changed the look of the car anyway. But it'll still look s*it :ph34r:

I stand to be corrected but I don't think the clear ones were ever OE. I think Puegoet only changed to clear front indicators but left the repeaters orange. The clear ones are more tricky to find these days. I sold an old, never used set last year, and did a Google to get a price on new ones before listing them, and only managed to find one place advertising them after a bit of searching.

Lowercase

clear 306 ones might be worth a look? theyre still fairly boxy in shape.

welshpug

No they don't :P

I fitted oval universal fit ones to my very first GTI. In hindsight it looked s*it. On a relatively standard styled GTI you absolutely must have OE orange or clear repeaters. anything else looks s*it. If it's cosmetically modified with a different bodykit for example, then you can get away with different styled repeaters as you've significantly changed the look of the car anyway. But it'll still look s*it :ph34r:

I stand to be corrected but I don't think the clear ones were ever OE. I think Puegoet only changed to clear front indicators but left the repeaters orange. The clear ones are more tricky to find these days. I sold an old, never used set last year, and did a Google to get a price on new ones before listing them, and only managed to find one place advertising them after a bit of searching.

yep, clear sides was an aftermarket thing, which always looked naff in my eyes as you still had the orange bit in the middle!

mine came with oval ones bosticked on!

I don't think there's anything out there that'll suit it given they fit in so well with the rest of the car.

GLPoomobile

which always looked naff in my eyes as you still had the orange bit in the middle!

Does that mean you're not a fan of the clear front indicators either, as you can see the orange bit in the middle on the too :P

I always thought the clear repeaters only looked good on certain colours, particularly white GTIs. I still think they are alright, and could have fitted the ones I sold to my white GTI, but I've reached a point now where I do prefer a more original and retro look, and so orange repeaters are my preference now.

There's this:

http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=7068

Though I'm not convinced cos even though the pic shows the 205 variety they also list 106, 306, 406 and 806 under the title. And I know absolutely nothing about this company.

welshpug

Given i have an 89 car, youd be spot on :lol:

JR20516V

Well thanks so much for the replies guys..... will stay with OE jobbies :}