• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
forbeslongden

Base Model Subframe.

forbeslongden

Hey guys,

Quick one, my base model 205 diesel needs a new front subframe, are they different between GTi models and diesels?

Thanks in advance

Loose Hand Luke

Some later diesels had gti style front subframes. Have a look under the car and see if it has drop-links from the front shocks to the anti-roll bar, if it does its gti, if not its base spec.

• Like 1

welshpug

Turbo diesel models would have wishbones, same subframe as a gti.

n-a Diesel models have track control arms and the gear quadrant post in the same place as a gti.

Base model has track control arms and the gear quadrant post in a different position.

TU24 Euro Rallye had wishbones and a gear quadrant post on the same place as a Base model tu.

• Like 1

forbeslongden

Mines an August 1996 1.8 Diesel if that changes anything at all?

Loose Hand Luke

I mention the anti'rollbar droplinks as its a real quick visual check. If it has no drop links you'll need another base model subframe from a car that also used a BE gearbox, if its got drop links then you can use a gti item if you can't find another car the same as yours.

• Like 1

JackTar

I'm about to fit a Gti subframe/suspension to my CTi and noticed only the other day that the rigid mounting point for the front caliper flexible brake pipes is in a different position to the Gti. Does anyone know if the drop links interfere with this mounting. I assumed it would be a straight swap but if I now have to reposition those mounting points then it makes it a little bit more difficult.