• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iwallers

Ir Questions

iwallers

Hi,

Having bought my car recently I'm just getting round to going over things, the car has the unit in the roof bit nothing else, no.mention of fob or anything else when.I.purchased the car

Help and advice please

Thanks in advance

cRaig

The first thing to do is make sure no water can get into it! The remote central locking receiver getting wet is turning out to be responsible for quite a few fires in 205s these days.. Leaky aerial bases and sunroof handle seals should be dealt with as soon as they become an issue, or ideally proactively before they become a problem.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=158272&page=1

Generally they need to come as a matched pair, I dont think many people have had success at 'rematching' a plip to a receiver, so a working set tends to fetch a fairly high price these days, due to its rarity. The same setup can also be found in 405s, which are easier to find in scrapyards, so that is also an option.

Edited by cRaig

jackherer

Does anyone have the pinouts for the connector?

Anthony

Pin 1 and 2 are the locking control wires.

Pin 7 is the +12v constant

Pin 8 is the earth

jackherer

Thanks, I've got a matched remote and receiver from an old Xantia I used to own that I kept for some reason, it has five wires but I think the extra one is probably for deadlocking so I'm hoping I can use that in my 205. I was thinking of getting a Toad alarm but it seems like overkill just so I can have remote locking.

2-Pugs

There was a thread on here not so long ago about ' reprogramming' the receiver to match with a transmitter. I'll see if I can find it