• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kane

Bias Valve Recommendation

Kane

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of renewing all of the brake lines on my 1.9 gti and the old compensators have well and truly kicked the bucket. I've been looking for new replacements but have been struggling so thought a bias valve would be easier to source, what I'm wondering is can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced unit?

Thanks in advance

Kane

rallyeash

That's what I do is run lines straight to the rear brakes with an inline bias valve

I bought a wilwood one, it leaked and I lost brakes on a trackday nearly writing my car off. I then bought a Tilton one and been fine. Quality appears to be better too

Kane

Thanks for the heads up! Does the tilton unit come in metric sizes? I've read a few are imperial fittings and require adaptors

rallyeash

Don't know, from memory I have a male male nipple screwed into the valve and my braided line screws onto that.

• Like 1

Kane

Found some more info online and they come with either imperial or metric m10 inlet/outlet so that helps. Yet more money out of the bank account, oh the joys ha ha

Miles

AP all day long, Yes it's pricey but worth every penny

Kane

I have seen a few good reviews about the ap racing units but at circa £150 I think it might be a little over my budget just now.