• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hoodygoodwood

Rear Beam Shafts And Bearings Needed - Poland ?

hoodygoodwood

I need a pair of trailing arm shafts and 2 sets of bearings for my 309 GTi beam rebuild . Got a price from Peugeot this week and the shafts are £97.96 each . I have been watching on E-bay a guy in Poland trading under the name frauto-pl who has some for sale at a sensible price . They seem to be SNR make , I have used their wheel bearings before and they seem like good quality . I have just messaged him to check what make all the parts are - some ads on E-bay show a branded box in the background to mislead you .

Has anyone used this seller and were the parts up to scratch ?

Alternatively has anyone got a recommendation of a seller .

Thanks .

Paul_13

I've used a set recently with no issues

Tom Fenton

I've had my hands on the polish kits recently as I fitted the bearings to a tube for one of the local guys.

Good quality, you get 2 bearings inner and outer metal cups and the seal. For the price you can't go wrong. I haven't seen the trailing arm shafts yet.

hoodygoodwood

Many thanks , I have messaged him asking for a price for 2 shafts and 2 sets of bearings/seals posted to the UK .Will order as soon as he gets back to me .I am painting my torsion bars today so I am nearly ready to start putting it all back together .

welshpug

no need to email for a price, its here plain as day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120976019232

Approx £55 per side dependent on exchange rates when you pay, they will give you a refund on the postage when you order multiples.

jord294

A customer recently traded in 2 of the bearing kits as a deal on rebuilt axle.

(Decided to have a built beam instead of trying to do himself)

Anyhow, I found that the cup (goes over trailing arm) had a square edge and not rounded like genuine part. I also found the rubber seal to look of less quality, and the metal crossmember seal a touch oversize.

Needless to say, I will stick with using genuine parts

Alan_M

Just to make everyone aware, I ordered a kit for a Xsara beam recently from Neat Autos. The bearings supplied were all of the superior type (Nadella - lots of needles on inner & outer).

hoodygoodwood

My 2 shafts and 2 sets of SNR bearings and seals arrived from Poland yesterday , very happy with the quality and price of them .

credowan

Hi,

I'm going to be ordering the above polish kit from EBay soon, only thing when I checked if it would fit phase 2 205...said not compatable

So just want the beam guru's to give me the ok before spending out

Thanks in advance

Gary

welshpug

Itll fit fine

• Like 1

MikeC

sorry to butt in, but has anyone the part numbers for the SNR brearings, and are they any good?

omri617

How Do I know and how do you decide when you need to replace only the bearings , and when to replace the kit AND the trailing arm?

Slo

Take it out to inspect the shafts visually is the obvious answer.

Generally any camber on the wheels would indicate worn away or collapsed bearings and worn away bearings will just scrub the shaft surface away.

If you can feel any pitting in the shafts where the bearings sit they are beyond usable. You could use a steel ruler over the area to see if there's any gap.

omri617

Very informative Slo.. Due to my car being daily driver , I will order the whole set.Thanks.

jord294

Be aware that deteriated outer bearings, would probably have caused excessive wear inside the crosstube.