• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Surpluscraig

Rear Disc Retainer Slides?!

Surpluscraig

Hey folks, whilest replacing my rear calipers i seem to have missplaced one of the small retainer slide (small peice of angled metal) that stop the pads from jumping out, but ive been unable to *make* one that does the job, and can't seem to find a place that i can get them from without buying a full caliper kit. can anyone help??

Tom Fenton

£12 pad fitting kit with enough to replace both sides. Don't think you will get the bar seperately unless you can find someone with an odd one kicking round.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mintex-Brake-Pads-Fitting-Kit-Peugeot-205-1-9-GTI-1983-1987-/360821434604?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A205&hash=item5402a228ec

• Like 1

Surpluscraig

Dude your awesome i've been looking for something like this for weeks :/ i actually started to think they didn't make a kit

mrfirepro

I have one of these spare can pop it in the post if you didn't buy the kit

• Like 1

2-Pugs

Can someone please post a picture of how the bar fits and which hole the pin goes through

I have lost count of the rear brake pads I have done over the years but for some reason this time round I am getting a mental block.

If I put the pin through the inner hole the bar still can slide inwards leaving the outer pad loose, no?

And do people generally stick with the little clip or is there something else that would be better , eg not likely to come out?

welshpug

on the Bendix rear calipers the bar goes at the bottom, the clip goes near the pad carrier bolt not the wheel side.

on competition cars its common to drill a hole through a corner of the pad carrier bolt or similar and lockwire the slider bar in place rather than reply on the clip.

the anti rattle springs hook over the top ears of the pads.

for the front calipers, bar at the top, springs on the bottom.

Tom Fenton

As above, clip inner, the bar hits the calliper carrier bolt if it goes further "in".

On my track car I lock wire the bar in place both ends. Before doing this I once had the pads get out which was not funny at 100mph turning into Coppice at Cadwell Park!

iPlod999

No pin in, it is now, goes in the near side.

IMG_20140217_15060_edit_1392649583727_zp

• Like 1