• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeyd

Saxo Pump Dismantling

mikeyd

iirc tom fenton said it is possible to strip and inspect a saxo electric power steering pump [articles on main site ]

as this now seems to be a common conversion [and cant see how to dismantle it myself !!!] has anyone got any tips /advice on how it should be done-have split the pump from the reservoir [4 screws ] but thats as far as i have got

on the same topic where is the best place to mount the pump -am thinking of where the battery was [now rear mounted ] and would be easier access as is a rally car

Daviewonder

Mine was mounted down on the LH front where they are on the 106/Saxos.

Harni

In front of the gearbox is best place but if you have stuff in the way like me, I've put mine under the boot floor. Its pricy getting a hose made up though. I ended up paying £100 for 3.4 metres of high pressure and low pressure hose.

fliprio

iirc tom fenton said it is possible to strip and inspect a saxo electric power steering pump [articles on main site ]

as this now seems to be a common conversion [and cant see how to dismantle it myself !!!] has anyone got any tips /advice on how it should be done-have split the pump from the reservoir [4 screws ] but thats as far as i have got

on the same topic where is the best place to mount the pump -am thinking of where the battery was [now rear mounted ] and would be easier access as is a rally car

I did mine this week, mounted it down the front the same as Harni said above, as I have the 6 speed box the bracket took a bit of modifying to fit

the oly problem I have now is the hose to the filler cap keeps weeping as its not the right size.

mikeyd

does anyone know if its possible to strip /check the actual motor or is it a sealed unit?

Tom Fenton

Yes you can take it apart and I suggest you do, mine was full of cr@p and brushes worn right down. I managed to make a good one out of two of them!

mikeyd

any advice on how ? got the motor separate from the rest but cant see how to dismantle it and dont want to break anything !

mikeyd

as i dont seem to find out how to strip it have found someone on ebay who can supply the motor only @ £115 so will go with that !

welshpug

why don't you just crack on and strip it yourself?

mikeyd

as asked before for advice on how to dismantle but got no replies --the end plates seem "riveted" on and seems the only way is to beat the crap out of it - so any advice?