• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Fitting 309 Gti Front To 205 Gti _ How ?

JR20516V

I have crunched my 205 item but do have a 309 GTI with the 4 lights at the base and thought i may try to fit it.....it appears that it doesnt fir exactly so does anybody have any tips on how to fit.

I guess some cutting is required but where is it done ?

This was a common fitment years ago however a search does not reveal:{

Any tips most welcome fellas !

Simes

Have a search for a member called paint guy.

He did a build with a blue 205 and grafted this bumper on.

Pugleyrich

My friend did it a few years ago. I remember him cutting it down the middle to remove a section and sticking it back together. It wasnt noticeable due to the number plate. That may not be the best way though - he certainly wasn't a perfectionist!

Edited by Pugleyrich

Edp

As said a chap called paintguy did it.

He chopped out a section and glued it all back together. He then filled, rubbed down and sprayed. Looked really good when finished.

I can't seem to find his build thread?

cRaig

Is Paintguy still around? Does he still have that topaz 205? Think that was the first build thread I ever read on this forum when I signed up!

Tom Fenton

Andy is still about, I go out for a meal and a drink with him, Chris Penrose (309PUG) and M@tt every few months. He still has his Topaz car although its looking a bit sorry for itself after a failed master cylinder saw it tap into the car in front in traffic. He keeps threatening to do something with it but like all of us, life work and family all get in there first.

JR20516V

Thx for all the great replies..... unfortunately i have tried searching Paintguy to no avail :{

It is amazing that there is not more info on this as it seemed really common in the Maxpower days :LOL

Why anybody would cut in the middle has me beat.......the problem seems to be the ends as they dont blend into the 205 plastic mouldings ??? Thats my main hiccup.

Edp

Andy is still about, I go out for a meal and a drink with him, Chris Penrose (309PUG) and M@tt every few months. He still has his Topaz car although its looking a bit sorry for itself after a failed master cylinder saw it tap into the car in front in traffic. He keeps threatening to do something with it but like all of us, life work and family all get in there first.

Its good to hear he still has his topaz. He re-sprayed my sorrento back in the day. Send him my regards :)

JR20516V

Thats the man !!! yay !! No leads to go by unfortunately when viewing that thread Slo :{