• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

306 Hdi Power Steering Setup - 205

Stu

Hi all,

I'm looking to convert my 205 to PAS and wondered if the 306 HDi setup will work, I know the 6 setup bolts on with modifying the low pressure side, just wondered if the pipe work was the same on a Hdi compared to a 6.

Anyone?

Stu

I know its a random question, but ive got access to a HDI being broken locally and the bits will be coming for nowt; but obviously i dont want to be tearing it apart for no reason.

The HDI pump looks to be in a similar position to the '6, so wondered if the pipework was the same?

Anthony

The HP pipe is certainly different to a '6 one but is routed basically the same way and will have 205 style fitting at the rack end, so I imagine that it should be useable I'd imagine. I'm not sure how well it would fit around a GTi-6 sump though, as the pipe normally goes in the space between the 8v style sump and gearbox on an HDi, and that gap isn't there on a '6 sump as there's an alloy casting instead.

LP side is the same as a '6 to all intents and purposes and thus should be useable with modification.

Not sure on the pump though off the top of my head.

Obviously the bracket itself is useless to you.

welshpug

The pump may be usable, they look the same but has a larger pulley IIRC, never measured the offset though.

Stu

Yeah this is what i thought... I'll be using a '6 pump and mount (as per stock) anyway so its only really the pipework and rack i'll be taking..

Just needed to know if it was worth doing tbh, im intended to move across to a VTS rack long term but wanted to get a PAS system on there initially to get it working.

Alastairh

I have a HDI engine with pas pump in the garage if you need any info, but sounds like Anthony got the gist of it.

Al

Stu

Sounds like its worth a punt then, its coming for nowt so worst case is an afternoon wasted time :)