• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dannydub

Grinding Noise

dannydub

After changing the rear beam, rear wheel bearings and hubs, rear disc and pads and front brakes I changed the oil today and the coolant. When driving the car back to my house to change the fluids I noticed a weird grinding noise coming from the front of the car. Noise isn't there when stationary or turning on full lock. Only when driving down the road. A friend in the passenger seat said he could feel it through the floor. Jacked the car up and looked at CV boots, wishbone, bushes etc and all seems fine. The noise wasn't there 4 years ago when i put the car into storage.

Any help and advise will be much appreciated as I am now stuck on what it could be.

Also while the car was jacked up I grabbed hold of each front wheel to see if there were any play in the wheel bearings but there wasn't any. I also swopped front wheels to back to cancel out deformed tyre etc

Miles

Front wheel bearing's, Grease is hardy in them when new so stood for a year or so dries them out, Grab hold of the strut and spin the wheel