• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Engine Bay Rust, Bit Underneath Windscreen Washer Tabk

yorkshirekowboy

Just been doing odd bits on my Peugeot. Anyhow, I replaced the washer motor and thought I would table the washer bottle out to give it a clean. Wow, I wish I didn't bother.???? the metal where it meets the vertical part of the inner wing has surface rust. I scrapped it away and discovered about 1.5" square metal came away. Hasn't made a hole just it soft as it's met the seam adhesive from underneath the arch. I've cleaned the area down with brake cleaner, then painted it with rust converter which turns black when it meets rusted metal, then I was going to paint it. Gather this must be common area due to people overfilling the water tank wetting the area . I was thinking surly with this issue I'm having cutting the metal out where I have met the seam glue sealer is abit overboard for such a small area. Was just going to do like I explained about. Should this be ok in other people's experiences? Thanks.

yorkshirekowboy

Good topic that thanks. For the size of area I'm going to try my luck treating the rust etc. I have nothing to lose. Going to strip it down in a couple of years anyhow. Good stuff that rust stuff ????