• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nick205

Oem 205 Front Springs From Pug, Still Available?

nick205

As title, can you get standard front 205 gti springs from Peugeot?

nick205

Or if not, what are the best option for standard spring rate and ride height springs?

feb

If you have a sample there are companies e.g. http://www.springcoil.co.uk/ that can custom make you some.

A friend has had a set made (albeit not for a 205) and was very pleased with the result.

commievid

Got KYB springs from eBay a year and a half ago and seem ok.

nick205

Got KYB springs from eBay a year and a half ago and seem ok.

Interesting!

I've fitted a set of KYB's sourced from my local motor factors and I'm convinced they're too long. Others seem to have had the same issue as discussed here...

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=157759&hl=

Can you comment on the ride height and if at all possible measure between the wheel centre and the bottom of the plastic arch trim for me?

Cheers

Nick

Rock Lobster

I have all but admitted defeat on this at the moment! I'd be interested if alternative, good quality springs are still available though, tempted to go with the eibach 7001 and have done with it!

Anthony

From what I can tell, the original 1.9 GTi springs (2 yellow stripes) is part number 500237.

That's listed as NFP though so unless your local dealer or someone like Farmer can source some you might be out of luck.

There are two 205 injection springs that are still listed as available out of the 11 listed, but I don't know what model / variant they are - it's 5002T1 (2 red 1 yellow or 2 red 1 blue) and 500233 (1 white 1 yellow or 1 white 1 green)

farmer

Was going to ask what springs fitted a GTI, will run number through the engine and see out of curiosity