• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
erbs

Calipers

erbs

On my pug the front calipers are seized solid, is there a like for like calipers from later pugs like the 306

or something along those lines I could easily obtain from the scrap yard as a direct replacement on the same sized discs from the 1.6

Edited by erbs

pug_ham

You can fit the girling calipers & pads from a 1.9 with the correct bolts as well for a direct swap over the Bendix calipers orginally used on the 1.6 GTI.

I have done this on mine.

g

erbs

Thanks for the reply

the reason why i am asking is that I'm not gonna find a 1.9 in the scrappy and i have seen loads of xsara's 106, 306's in my local scrap yard that is 5 mins away from my house rather than waiting for post

easier for me and i can grab what i need off the cars plus any extra bolts that i can use

last time i asked for a set of calipers i was charged a tenner for the pair so cheap too

Edited by erbs
  • Like 1

pug_ham

If you find a newer pug with the same size discs (247mm) you can use those but put up a wanted ad on here & I'm sure you could find a set of the 1.9 calipers easily enough, maybe not for £10 though.

g

Miles

Early Meganes and Clio's use the same calliper

• Like 1

erbs

Early Meganes and Clio's use the same calliper

Thank you

mowflow

It is indeed. Both my calipers are fubar'd. I looked at rebuild kits but it cost about the same to just buy a brand new pair of calipers. I can't 1.9 calipers are usually pretty pricey and more often than not are being sold without the mounting bolts. Probably worth changing to the 1.9s if you can get them though. From what I've read they are more reliable.

erbs

went to the local scrappy and a found a perfect set of Bendix calipers ,all complete and no perished rubbers and pistons move freely all for a princely sum of £10

Bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1