• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_john_m

How Much Do I Expect To Pay To Repair Seats?

m_john_m

My seats are looking very tired.

They are half leather with two tone cloth. The cloth seems to be fine but there are marks from mould that I can't get out. I think this may come out with a steamer though.

The leather has decided to destitch itself and is badly cracked and worn.

What can I expect to pay for an upholster to fit new leathersh?

Any recommendations in/around southport?

aldworth33

I asked an upholsterer how much my old seats would cost to do and he said 90 a seat for fronts and 90 for the rear lol, told him no thanks

• Like 1

Rjuhar

If it's a good upholsterer you'll find in time that it was in fact a very reasonable price.

m_john_m

doesnt sound like a bad price that to be honest. im in no rush at the moment as iv gotta get it driveable first. im just after rough figuers to add it to my parts list lol

aldworth33

Aye he's good, seen a few truck interiors he's done but it's a spare interior so doesn't warrant me spending that on it

happypatrol

Sounds cheap to me, I've just paid £400 to have mine done, they weren't in terrible condition either. but all the bolsters been replaced and fabric/leather cleaned repaired where necessary.

• Like 1

m_john_m

So I'll keep about 300/400 in mind, it will defenitely be one of my last jobs even though the interior lets the car down

happypatrol

i know what you mean. its money i couldve done without spending but now i can sit on my seats and not feel the metal frame coming through the bolsters. Its worth it i suppose.

m_john_m

i know what you mean. its money i couldve done without spending but now i can sit on my seats and not feel the metal frame coming through the bolsters. Its worth it i suppose.

Yours sound quite bad. My leather has just parted with the cloth and the leather has cracked/faded.

I suppose the seats have gotta be right, when it's on the road I think it will be my daily driver as my focus St is horrendous on fuel Hana 22mpg when I take it easy

NDJN

I'm having my rallye seats re upholstered as we speak, they were ripped to shreds and the bolsters were non existent ! Around 500 squid for front seats and rear bench to be completely remade which I don't think is too bad :)

Dizzee stuff

I have just recoloured my seats with a renevation kit. see the topic "gliptone colour"

m_john_m

I bought mine and it had been stood for a while and the mould inside the car has stained the seat. IV used interior cleaners etc on it but it won't shift, the leather and cloth have come apart and the leather is very dry and cracked. IV fed the leather and it's improved buttttt it's still needs replacing :/

dch1950

Be patient - I will get replacement leather bolsters made - it's one of the things on my ever increasing to do list.

regards

Dave

• Like 2

m_john_m

Be patient - I will get replacement leather bolsters made - it's one of the things on my ever increasing to do list.

regards

Dave

yeah im waiting patiently :P its the last thing on my to do list regarding the 205 :) i am very interested though

timoth123

I'm dropping mine, front and back to a re trimmers tomorrow. He's replacing ALL the leather and use the same supplier and replace the vinyl so it matches. And then sorting the foam out where required for £750. Good deal I thought!

Rjuhar

For 750 you can get the ones in the picture, the only bummer is the transport cost...

post-17785-0-03245400-1398422684_thumb.jpg

dch1950

Looks like CTAI Ramier inserts to me. But the bolster covers look to be cloth, either way, something isn't right with the bolster top sew.

interesting pricing. Why would you need to send your seat frames and foams though. You are only buying a cover. East enough to fit when fully sewn up.

Dave

Rjuhar

It's not mine, I just found it in Austria - I'm just sharing.

mrfirepro

I'm dropping mine, front and back to a re trimmers tomorrow. He's replacing ALL the leather and use the same supplier and replace the vinyl so it matches. And then sorting the foam out where required for £750. Good deal I thought!

Good luck, can't wait to see the finished product, did he say how long he will take?