• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Rear Quarter Interior Trim

acox99

How does it come off? Do you have to remove the whole section including around the seat belt reel?

Anthony

Which part are you trying to remove? The C-pillar trim or what would be the doorcard if it were a 5dr?

acox99

What would be the door card. But it looks like you have to remove the c pillar trim and the rear quarter window surround. I pulled and got a trim removal tool behind the clips at the base of the b post and they shattered so it's got to come off now! I only want to wax up in the arches and check for rot in the seams.

Anthony

From memory, there's a single screw hidden behind the front seat belt, pull the door strip seal back and the rest of the panel is secured with clips that just pop off (in theory, usually break in practice and replacements are in bags of 50 IIRC).

I don't remember having to remove other bits of surrounding trim first, but it's been a while so I might be wrong.

welshpug

Shouldn't need to remove the other bits, but it does make it easier as this section is underneath it by a little bit at the rear.

scbond

From memory, there's a single screw hidden behind the front seat belt, pull the door strip seal back and the rest of the panel is secured with clips that just pop off (in theory, usually break in practice and replacements are in bags of 50 IIRC).

I don't remember having to remove other bits of surrounding trim first, but it's been a while so I might be wrong.

Are these still available from somewhere and if so do you have the part number? I need to replace the trim he's on about and looking at it it would seem someone in the past has used rectangular ones that look like the ones that hold the red insert into the bumper. Only ones I can find online are circular.

acox99

Thanks Anthony. I know the clips. Bought a pack to put the tailgate trim on the inside. Same clips I believe. Il just carry on tugging away at it.

happypatrol

Thanks Anthony. I know the clips. Bought a pack to put the tailgate trim on the inside. Same clips I believe. Il just carry on tugging away at it.

Does anyone know where i can get the clips. I looked on the usual places but there are about three different sizes. Im not sure which ones to order????

scbond

Pretty sure the interior tailgate trim clips are different to the card clips. I could be wrong though.