• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pyrrhic

Raising The 205

pyrrhic

My CTI is low. Too low. I recently installed my new Speedline wheels and the tires are rubbing on the wings, even more so than the 15" wheels with same size tires I was using last year (I imagine offset is different).

I will be installing a rear bem I got off a 309 and that will bring the rear end up to stock level. I am looking to lower the front a bit lower than stock, perhaps a 30 mm drop. What is the preferred brand of lowering springs? I see good prices for Eibach and Vogtland springs here in Germany. There are a few cheaper brands I haven't heard of. I am looking to maintain the same rake I have on my car right now, just higher, currently the front is a bit lower than the front:

post-23540-0-03298100-1395221774_thumb.jpg

jackherer

Eibach make very good springs.

allanallen

You've gotta admit it looks pretty cool that low!

Another vote for eibachs :)

welshpug

Dont bother with the 309 beam, if standard you will have 1.6 running gear up front on a cti iirc, which is 10mm wider than 1.9 each side, so if you have particularly square 195 50's they may rub.

Rear should not rub at all even sat on the bump stops, 309 beam will rub the trims a little.

pyrrhic

On the rear I have wheel spacers, I think they are 1" wide (have to measure), and the wheels are on the verge or rubbing.

I imagine 185/55-15 would not rub, correct?

The rough ride is an issue but something I can ultimately deal with. My biggest problem is the tire rubbing on those NFP wheel arches!

Edited by pyrrhic

Tom Fenton

You've gotta admit it looks pretty cool that low!

Another vote for eibachs :)

In that case I've got some lovely front springs and dampers for you Bert!!

• Like 1

allanallen

In that case I've got some lovely front springs and dampers for you Bert!!

So you're breaking it then........

Tom Fenton

Nope, but those are going!

allanallen

Nope, but those are going directly onto my laser!

Edit ;)

Anthony

Another recommendation for Eibach springs - they're very good quality and both ride and handle nicely.

IMG_5935.sized.jpg

That's how Eibach 7001 springs sit on a 205 GTi with an alloy block 1.9 8v engine to give you an idea on height.

• Like 1

Alastairh

Damn that looks sweet Ant.

• Like 1

Pugn'Awesome

Another recommendation for Eibach springs - they're very good quality and both ride and handle nicely.

IMG_5935.sized.jpg

That's how Eibach 7001 springs sit on a 205 GTi with an alloy block 1.9 8v engine to give you an idea on height.

Did you have to alter the height of the rear? Or you just whacked the springs on at the front and it adjusted itself like that?

Looks awesome!

Anthony

The rear beam needs adjusting the match the front by means of removing the torsion bars and setting the desired height.