• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_john_m

How To Open Passenger Door

m_john_m

IV begun starting to work on my pug today. IV had to change all the locks and ignition barrel as my dad decided that he was going to lose the key :/

Unfortunately the passenger side door doesn't open for me to change the locks.

Any tips in opening the door?

The inside handle mechanisms is moving. From what I seen the outside one doesn't but is there any way of releasing the mechanism so I can open the door?

I have attached an image, not sure if it will help though.

Thanks in advancepost-25021-0-64641400-1394988313_thumb.jpg

welshpug

pull down on the arm/rod that the outer door handle is attached to, should be able to unlock it and open from inside.

then pop the handle off and lubricate the pivot on the rear of it.

m_john_m

pull down on the arm/rod that the outer door handle is attached to, should be able to unlock it and open from inside.

I'm sure I was doing this but nothing happened. Everytime I pulled it the car locked itself. (The stick that tells you if it's locked or not was moving up and down. I think I was pulling the wire at he bottom right of the picture. Should I be pulling the one above?

m_john_m

Sorry to be a pain again everyone but IV tried again to open it but got nowhere :/ someone told me the electric solenoid could be broken as I think it's got central locking. It's an F reg

deathbringer929

c/locking wont make a difference, you should be able to move the solenoid by hand.

push the exterior handle rod up to simulate closed position/handle resting on door skin. then push lock rod up (pin that shoots up next to glass) then as welsh says lube and push exterior handle rod down. if lube and working the rods from inside the door internally wont open it then its possible a piece of the mech has broken.

m_john_m

c/locking wont make a difference, you should be able to move the solenoid by hand.

push the exterior handle rod up to simulate closed position/handle resting on door skin. then push lock rod up (pin that shoots up next to glass) then as welsh says lube and push exterior handle rod down. if lube and working the rods from inside the door internally wont open it then its possible a piece of the mech has broken.

Right ok I will try this tomorrow with plenty of WD40 at the ready!

I'll try again tomorrow and if not I'll have to get a mechanic to sort it :/

I have been told another way so will try 2 different methods tomorrow

Thanks for your help

m_john_m

Hooorayyyy the door opened yesterday! The catch was solid! I covered it in WD40 and it's still sticking.

It opens fine but won't drop down again once it's been lifted. Any tips on what do/use?

welshpug

This.

m_john_m

This.

I'm struggling to pop the handle off. The catch is a lot looser now but just not loose enough for it to drop down itself :/

I undone the torx and the other bolt but I can't get the handle off