• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Supersport2

Sill Replacement And Panel Behind

Supersport2

I have a great deal of grot behind one of my sills, to the B pillar. I'm guessing it's simple enough to replace the sill, but what about replacing what's behind that??

Any photo links??

Cheers

nick205

Hi,

If the sill is rotten, the chances are some of the interior structure will be too. It also tends to eat its way up into the rear quarter panel as well.

There's a thread here on the MIG welding forum showing a sill replacement + the work required behind it.

I have a complete 205 needing sill work plus a bare shell also needing sill, quarter panel and B pillar work. If it would help to see some photos of the bare shell to get an idea of what it looks like from the inside of the bare shell I'm happy to try and take some for you.

Supersport2

I have one shell, which I want to sell/break, which needs this repair doing. Inner sill appears fine, it's just the panel behind the sill!

And I've just bought a mi16 with the same problem! I do have a new rear quarter for this one, just in case, but the two cars have opposite sill problems! I just haven't dived into either car yet!

deathbringer929

that sill replacement and other panels is on here. its matt but with the a in a cirlce

Edited by deathbringer929

Supersport2

Smashing. My sills aren't that bad, luckily, it's literally the piece that's inside the rear quarter. I might have to un pick the quarter to get at it!!