• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timoth123

Help Identifying Boot Wiring.

timoth123

Ok, I'm abit lost here.

Can anyone tell me where this white wire plugs into, think it was labeled 87? It ends up behind the passenger tail light and comes from the boot. It's a male termination and there are two spare female terminations in that area, pink with black plug (think it is 63) and a thicker blue with red plug (that was 16a)

553e26638836e50739be3c34e043a90b_zpsf20e

Also the other end of that loom has been hacked about. There are three pairs of wires that connect to the three pairs that are on the boot loom. ( 2 wires for heated windows (thick white and green) , 2 for Central locking (thin white and light blue) and 2 that go to the wiper relay (yellow and brown)) plus this extra white wire, I'm assuming it joins onto one of the wiper relay connections. Anyone she'd some light on that one?

0558224a6af2ec72da54b3b33c10fbf0_zps354a

PAGOS

wire no. 87 is the washer pump [ relay ] . 16A is the boot lamp supply but no. 63 is a mystery to me . [for now ] .

PAGOS

63 is NOT 63 BUT 39 AND IS THE BOOT LAMP TILT SWITCH LOCATED BEHIND THE TAIL-GATE FACIA ON THE LEFT . THEY ARE USUALLY CORRODED INTERNALY AND BEYOND REPAIR . PAGOS.